2017-03-16

The Turi Celere's mistery

I found one of the pictures in Mr Catalano's Mazara Forever website very interesting:
The one pictured above is the family of Turi Celere.
Born "Salvatore Alcibiade Celere", Turi is not in the picture, because he was living and working in the US, often sharing his flat with my own great-uncle Girolamo Asaro, but his family was in Mazara (likewise Girolamo's).
The lady standing up is Maria Giacalone, who was one of the many great-grandchildren of my third grandfather Paolo Giacalone.
The young ones are the children of Turi and Maria. The elder and taller child was named Luciano. Exactly like the elderly gentleman on the middle of the picture.
Unfortunately the surname of the gentleman is not given, but the site states he was the father in law of Maria, which was quite surprising, as I know for a fact, as I have seen his birth record, that Turi's parents were officially unknown (and Maria's own dad was named Antonino).
I know that my mother's uncle, Girolamo Asaro, declared Turi as a cousin to the US authorities, but until I saw that picture I had deducted that he had meant "cousin's wife".
I am now wondering if this gentleman may be a Luciano Asaro or Rallo, e.g. a biological, adoptive or foster parent for Turi.

No comments:

Post a Comment